Sunday, April 01, 2007

SPRING HAS COME TO TULSA

Springtime in Tulsa and flowering trees and shrubs have burst into bloom. It's a beautiful time of year.



The city is full of Bradford pear trees. I read where Tulsa has too many of them, but why not? They are georgous when they bloom and the leaves turn red in the fall. I love them.


Yellow forsithia accents many a lawn.


Tulip trees bloom early and are sometimes caught by a late freeze but this year they are especially beautiful.


The red dogwood in my front yard is small but is blooming nicely. It will grow more beautiful every year.




I have another in the back planted with azalias along a North side.



1 comment:

John said...

Finally a long-awaited post from Tulsa Gentleman!

Those were beautiful pictures, I can imagine how lovely the environment must be.

Springtime is a great time for photo-taking as flowers are in full bloom and everyone will look so bright and cheery among them.

Look forward to your next posts!